Our Surety team is led by John Couger and is based in Columbus, Ohio. Our knowledgeable bond team provides timely service and consistent common sense underwriting to an area often overlooked by competition – the smaller bond segment of the surety market. Whether you are an expert or not, we can help you write bonds! We write hundreds of different types of commercial surety bonds throughout Rockhill and State Auto’s operating territory.
The most common bonds fall within the following categories:
- License and Permit – Many business insurance customers are required to provide license and permit bonds as a condition for granting of a license by local municipalities to engage in a business activity that presents a risk to the public welfare.
- Public Official – Public Official bonds guarantee that the public official will faithfully perform all the duties of the office they hold. Bonds are required as a result of state statutes and specifically determine the exposure for a given bond.
- Bonds – Probate bonds guarantee the proper accounting and faithful performance of the duties of the fiduciary and compliance with the orders of the probate court.
Be sure to try our Bond Connect automation system located on AgentSite. It is loaded with over 2400 of the most commonly used bond forms. With so many different types of bonds required, the State Auto bond team provides our agents the knowledge and tools necessary to address this important need for their insurance customers.
Currently, we write bonds in all states except:
- New Hampshire
We have convenient regional field offices located in:
- Atlanta, Georgia
- Chicago, Illinois
- Cleveland, Ohio
- Columbus, Ohio
- Denver, Colorado
- Tallahassee, Florida
- Waco, Texas
Small Account Program
- Bonds up to $350,000 based on business and personal credit score as well as job specific underwriting information.
- Bonds between $350,000 and $1,500,000 are underwritten based on experience, financials, and character.
Larger Bond Program
- Bonds in excess of $1,500,000 are considered for qualified partner agents. Partner agents meet production and expertise criteria and accounts are handled through the local field offices.
State Automobile Mutual Insurance Company has an A- XII (Excellent) Financial Strength Rating from A.M. Best and treasury limit in excess of $46 million.
Surety is distributed through a network of select retail and wholesale agents countrywide.
If you need any help in marketing bonds, please contact Rockhill Holding Company / State Auto’s Bond department at 1-800-444-9950, ext. 5112 or visit stateauto.com.
PO Box 182822
Columbus, OH 43218