On November 22, 2005 Rockhill Insurance Company was established as an Arizona-domiciled non-admitted insurer. Rockhill is approved for business in all 50 states, plus the District of Columbia. The original core lines of business were Primary General Liability (concentrated in the five western states), Commercial Umbrella/Excess Liability, Wind and All Other Perils property in the southeastern US. In October of 2006, Rockhill began writing Earthquake business in the western region of the US on a program basis.
The pace and development of Rockhill has continued to this day.
We continue to look for niches within both the admitted and non-admitted marketplace where we can expand our product offerings and deliver the exceptional service that our customer base has come to know.
- Rockhill acquired Plaza Insurance, a Missouri-domiciled admitted insurance company.
- Surety was added as an active line as an active line of business written by Rockhill.
- Acquired RTW, Inc., an underwriter of Workers’ Compensation through two Minnesota-domiciled insurance company subsidiaries – American Compensation and Bloomington Compensation.
- RTW generated fee income though its third party administrator, Absentia, for current insureds, self-insureds, state insurance funds, and other insurance companies.
- Acquired National Environmental Coverage Corporation (NECC), an MGU that writes Environmental insurance.
- State Auto Mutual Insurance Company purchased Rockhill Holding Company and all its subsidiaries.
- Rockhill launched line of business team to focus on the Healthcare Industry.
- Rockhill launched line of business team to focus on Executive and Professional Liability.
- Rockhill launched team to expand and focus our efforts in the Program business.
- Rockhill launched line of business team for primary General Liability written on a surplus lines basis.
- Rockhill launched General Binding Authority business.
- Acquired Partners General Insurance Agency, an MGU that writes General Liability insurance.